Monday, November 2, 2015

Introduction

Finding God is not easy. In Lutheranism, God finds you. The Holy Spirit brings us salvation, but all we can do is reject it. There is one question though: Who is this God that brings salvation to us? This blog plans to understand who this God is, through the original meaning of the texts we have before us. This blog will be primarily a methods blog, but the hope is to find God. By using the historical-critical method, which will entail history, social sciences (sociology, political science, and economics), and the arts (art history, literature analysis, and original language analysis).

I want to do a section of the Old Testament every other week and a section of the New Testament in the opposite week. I am following a specific Bible plan that is established by Eugene H. Peterson's The Message Remix: Pause a Daily Reading Bible. I am using this, merely, for the structure of my study. I will be using the New Revised Standard Version, mostly. I won't be able to address the whole passage, as I am not fully trained to do a verse by verse commentary; therefore, I will be breaking each portion down to themes, if I can. The first week will be an intro to Genesis, followed by Genesis 1-2; with the next week beginning an intro to John, followed by John 1:1-18. I will be finishing with the last week in the Old Testament in 2 Chronicles 34-36 and in the New Testament it will be Revelation 22. (This is provided I have enough time, I haven't done the math, in which case I will end where I can or revamp the blog to fit).

I hope to pick up new insights as I read and study God's word. I know that I may not see every interpretation as some of my followers will; if this happens, I apologize now. At this moment I am posting this Intro, with, hopefully, the first post next week. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them. I will do my best to reply to all comments. I want to thank you a head of time for your support and comments. PS, if this works out like I hope it does, then there may be a podcast in the future.

C. Bohall

No comments:

Post a Comment