Wednesday, November 25, 2015

In Case You Thought I was Missing or Just Dropped the Mic and Left...

Hey guys, I just wanted to swing in and let you know that I had to make some changes to my plans for the post this week. First, it is Thanksgiving week (Happy Thanksgiving everyone), which means that I have not had a lot of time to work on my post. Second, God has been working in me recently in regards to this site. I have no other choice but to listen and obey.

What does God want? He wants us to slow down while we read and learn about Him in our studies. Because of this I had to change somethings. One of the first things I had to change was that I dropped the second part of the Background post for John. Mainly, I felt the deep desire to just dive right into the text of John. The Spirit led me to do this, so therefore, I must attend. Besides, there is always plenty of room in the study of the text to talk about the background info on Rome, Palestine, Jewish Religion, etc. Also, I have been thinking about writing a book on John, not a full commentary, again I am not trained in that field, but in a theological and historical area I am well trained (anyway). Second, because I have been feeling God speaking to me to slow down in my hermeneutics and exegesis of the passages, I have decided to redo the first portion of Genesis. I made the huge mistake of consulting my secondary sources before, and more than, the Bible itself. I did not pray over the portion of the Word I was studying and I did not let God work in me while I researched. Therefore, I have decided to make a Genesis 1 and 2 version 2.0. With that said, I hope that this does everyone a better service than it had before. I must remember to do the blog this way, otherwise these are just words with no meaning. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to leave them. If you want to say anything then please leave a comment. May you go in God's blessings, grace, and peace. 

C. Bohall

No comments:

Post a Comment